Monday, January 21, 2008

Portico-the college age church

Hey everyone,

As you can see, we now have a name for the church-Portico. I feel like it's progressing and people are committing and we're following God. But, the more we get into it, the more I hear about church-plants that don't make it. This is a big fear of mine. I know the simple answer is to trust God and follow Him, to pray and pray and pray, but I think, surely the other church-planters did that as well. Surely, hopefully, they followed God's leading to plant the church they did. If so, why did it fail? Please pray for me about this. I want deeply for this church to succeed in reaching the lost, but there is only so much I can do... which isn't a lot. God, give me strength and please have mercy. I am only a servant with a messed-up background and human frailties.

No comments: